Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Liking This Writing Thing

I met with Carolyn again today for some revising, and it was another successful meet-up! Going through my novel line-by-line is great practice for writing tight. I am realizing problems and inconsistencies, ways in which I can make the characters more believable, and figuring how I can add subplots or rewrite story lines.

It is also just awesome to sit down with another passionate writer and discuss writing. I don't think I would ever get tired of that. I started this blog partly because I love the subject of writing so much, and I really enjoy following other writers' blogs and taking part in their discussions.

And, today was my third day in a row of revising, and I'm discovering (again) that it isn't as hard as it seems. In fact, it's enjoyable! It seems that writing is easier than thinking/worrying/obsessing about writing. I will do well to remember this next time I start getting down on myself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I have to admit that I do not always love to revise...But I love it when the story comes together!!!

Nice post.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Hi Annie,

I saw your comment on my blog and figured commenting on yours would be the best way to contact you. Yes, I'd love to have another reader for Across Two Universes. I'm in the middle of revising/rewriting, but I have three chapters ready for review. My e-mail address is sandra at sandraulbrich dot com.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Oh, and yes, I'm happy to exhange crits if you'd like me to look at your work.

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

I agree, sometimes if you think about the writing you get in your hard too much and it whether you are on the first draft or rewrites it can seem insurmountable. Sometimes, it's best to just do it.

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

I genuinely enjoy revising, sometimes more than the actual writing, so my goal is to rub off on you so you always look forward to it too! ;-)

Annie Louden said...

You're rubbing off so far. I did my 5th day in a row of revising.
I have to admit, all day long I looked forward to it!