Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Save Ohio's Libraries!

I just learned last night (via Leah on facebook) that Gov. Strickland is proposing to cut 50% of funding for Ohio public libraries. This will cut staff and library hours and even branches!

He made the proposal on June 19, and they have to decide by June 30, so there isn't much time for action.


Please visit the Ohio Library Council's Web site for details.

If you or anyone you know lives in Ohio, please contact your legislators. Or, even if you just love libraries, tell Ohio legislators, especially Strickland, that you don't support cutting library funds!

I love the library! Every time I go there it's happiness. And libraries are an invaluable resource to all communities.


Thanks for helping!

3 comments:

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

Columbus Metropolitan makes it really easy -- you just fill out a form with your contact info and they have the note already written. Go to http://www.columbuslibrary.org/

Annie Louden said...

Thanks for the tip, Carolyn! I used Columbus's website last night to do just that.

I really hope they don't go through with all the cuts!

B.J. Anderson said...

That's so awful! I hope it doesn't go through.