Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Work-in-Progress Wednesday #020

It's WiP Wed number 20! Oh my gosh! I think for the past 10 weeks I have done, like, nothing. Except maybe talk in circles. You know, it's what I do.

Let's see... last week... Well, I went to Cedar Point on Saturday and lost my glasses! I don't even know how, either. I was taking them on and off for the rides, and then for about a two-hour period I had them stowed in a locker (I can see without them. I use them for reading and distance. No, they're not bifocals. They have prism), and I think getting used to not wearing them made me confused. I'm pretty sure I lost them on Disaster Transport (what a disast!), as that ride is all in the dark, so maybe that made me less aware of them falling off my face? That ride doesn't go upside down, though, so it's odd. Or maybe I put them on top of my head? I just don't know! I was so clueless about losing them that it was 2 or 3 more rides before I noticed, and I went to pull them out of my purse, and--GONE! I was shocked and sad. Oh, and my husband lost his cell phone on Maverick. Yeah, it was a great day for rollercoasters but not so for personal items.

But, today, a package arrived from Cedar Point, and inside were my glasses! Yay! I was bummed about replacing them because I didn't renew my vision insurance this year, having just bought new glasses and not planning on visiting the eye doctor. D'oh! So, I was either going to wear my old pair for the next six months or consider shelling out more bucks. But now I don't have to! See?


They look fine, no?

Anyway, on to writing, of which I have done none. I don't even think I wrote down a couple sentences in a notebook. I mean, maybe I did. Obviously, it was earth-shattering stuff.

I did think about writing, though, and had many great conversations about it.

It's coming, I promise! Just give me another week.

7 comments:

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

OMG the picture of you in the returned glasses is so great! How did they know they were yours though?

Well, at least the rides were fun, I haven't been to Cedar Point since I was in high school, but I remember it being a blast.

As for the whole writing thing, I am posting a writing prompt on Friday - you should join in - it might get those creative juices flowing again.

My verification word is fruke. It sounds like a delicious Swedish (or maybe German) pastry to me, but that just might be the pregnancy hormones talking;)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Get on it, Annie! I'm just waiting for you to get that kick of passion and start writing madly.

I am so glad you found your glasses. YAY!!!! They look great. Ahem. :D

Matthew Louden said...

You sure do have good luck on your side when you lose stuff at amusement parks. I remember when you lost your purse at King's Island many years ago, and one day it showed up in the mail.

Thinking about writing is way more awesome than writing, but seriously...write more.

B.J. Anderson said...

I like the glasses!! :D And I wish you all the luck in getting motivated. If you do, pass some this way.

Anonymous said...

writing will come - when its ready. Thinking about it is fine...for now.

Elana Johnson said...

Those glasses are hawt. :) And I'm sure you wrote at least two earth-shattering sentences. I'm sure of it. :) :) :)

Annie Louden said...

Kate- I left a lost and found report with a description of my glasses and my address. I'm so glad they found them! And, they're fixed now, too.
I *may* try the writing prompt this month. Don't know, though. I get cold feet posting that stuff online!

Glam- I can feel the writing coming... just. must. sit. down. and. write.

Infamous- I know who you are (twin brother)! Thanks for visiting. Yeah, it was weird that Kings Island took months to return my purse and Cedar Point took less than a week. I know, I know, I need to write more...

B.J.- I will certainly spill the secrets of motivation when I find them.

Christine- I think the writing is ready but I'm still putting it off.

Elana- Ha, yeah, maybe I wrote a couple sentences. Baby steps?