It's Wednesday, that day of progress and the works being, uh, progressed on. (what?)Sorry, I am currently sitting in a storm of layoffs, and I have no idea how the day will end, but I look to writing to distract me and cheer me up.
So, this past week I have continued to be generous with the delete key on my novel. That's pretty much it. Still deleting. Still figuring out the story. I'll let you know when that changes.
But, in other writing progress news, I want to introduce my dear (and real-life!) friend Indigo Girl of the blogs Word Gypsy and Blue Agate. She has just pulled off every writer's dream of quitting her corporate job so she can devote her life to writing. Way to go! She now has more time and energy to focus on her writing dreams, and in only a few short weeks she has made some major progress on her short stories and even a play! Her dedication to writing and willingness to take risks have really inspired me lately to get more serious about my own writing. I mean, what am I waiting for, right? So, check out Word Gypsy which is mostly about her writing journey and Blue Agate which showcases her stories and poems.
In other happy writing news, I got an award from Kate! (She started the WiP Wednesdays, for anyone who doesn't know that.)

Thanks, Kate! I love your blog, and it was one of the first I started following.
Now for the blog award rules:
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
The 5 people I'm passing this award on to are:
1. Michelle at The Innocent Flower. She has been another huge help to me and my novel these past few weeks, and I can't thank her enough!
2. Carolyn of Archetype Writing Blog. She got me into this whole blogging thing and out of the no-writing wasteland.
3. Elana of Mindless Musings. Each of her posts is more hilarious than the last, and I love her attitude and insights.
4. Davin, Scott, and Michelle at The Literary Lab. These three are so smart, and the conversations that continue in the comments field are often as good as any writing book.
5. Robin of My Two Blessings. Robin was one of the first who started commenting on my blog, and I've enjoyed getting to know her through her blog. And, she is the most voracious reader I've ever heard of.
Lots of links today to lots of great blogs. If you have time, check them out. And, if I lose my job, you know my Wednesdays will be full of more progress.
6 comments:
Nice job on the awards...have a great day - And I hope the storm of layoffs ends without much of a problem...
Annie, our prayers are with you! Hopefully you are nice and distracted, and make it through unscathed.
Also, deleting is the hardest part sometimes, so congrats on the progress! ;)
Wow - Annie. Thank you so much and congrats to you on winning the award as well. I hope you weather the storm of layoffs okay. Will keep my fingers crossed.
Congrats on the writing progress - deleting is so hard to do. :) I don't have anything to report this week - the writing is going slowly.
Yay for progress! And don't worry about taking breaks, especially in stressful times like with your job. I'm glad to hear that it turned out okay so far. Congrats on your award. :)
I JUST saw that you gave this award to me and to Lit Lab. Okay, so you rock! Thanks so much!
Ugh, layoffs are so stressful! My husband's workplace laid people off a few months ago, and even though he didn't lose his job it was hard for him to see his friends lose theirs. *hugs* and I hope it all works out in the end!
Post a Comment