Monday, August 24, 2009

Blog Chain: Advice for Writers

Yes, the Blog Chain was established to dispense advice to you, the blogging writers of today. And this round is no exception. It is perhaps the most advice-filled episode yet.

Cole wanted us to, "In one sentence (no more than 20 words), please summarize the most important words of wisdom you can impart."

Thusly,


Everyone else is writing a book, which means you can, too.

Sarah let forth with her wisdom yesterday, and Abi will give you all something to think about tomorrow.

16 comments:

Michelle McLean said...

Ack! Totally my bad. She should have been listed in the Master List and wasn't. I've updated it, but here is her link as well - http://bloggingexperiments.wordpress.com/

And great advice :D Sometimes the thought of all those other people spurs me on to write more. I want to get my idea out there before they do ;-D

Amanda Bonilla said...

I talked myself OUT of writing for years. I had a very can't attitude, until finally, one day, I was hit with a great idea and I told myself, "There is NO reason why you CAN'T do this." And I did it. I cranked out the story in three months, and I've written three full novels since and started three more. A can't attitude doesn't get you anywhere! ;)

B.J. Anderson said...

Awesome advice!! Great job with the topic. :)

Annie Louden said...

Thanks, Michelle! I thought that might be hers, but I wasn't sure.

Mandy, I've never talked myself out of writing, but I have certainly put it on a pedestal. Sounds like you've gone from zero to full speed with all your novels.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wonderful advice! Sometimes we have to remember this when we feel like giving up. :)

Rebecca Knight said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh, man, I could have used this advice around page 50 of my novel. I got very discouraged and set it down a few times, thinking of all the people I knew who said they were going to write books and never did.

Now, I realize how true this really is :P. It's good to have company!

Davin Malasarn said...

Annie, that is indeed heartwarming advice!

Cole Gibsen said...

LOL! Great words of encouragement ;)

Elana Johnson said...

Ha! I read published books and think, well, if this made it to the shelves, mine can too. :)

Christine Fonseca said...

Great advice!!!Man I can't wait to see all of this advice together!

Shaun Hutchinson said...

Here here! Books for everyone! That's how I started as a child. I read books and decided I could do it too.

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

Good advice. You CAN do it!

Unknown said...

Very true.

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

I love this advice... even if it is kind of the exact opposite of what I advised;)

Anonymous said...

Believe in yourself...wonderful! :)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Never underestimate the power of positive thinking!