Wednesday again! How the days fly by. I've been really busy this last week with work and more work. I am totally jealous of all you people on summer break. I wish I were still a student. Or taught. Or something that gave me my summers off. J-E-A-L-O-U-S.Also, a friend of ours is staying with us all of June, so that is a distraction, and Friday night we're leaving to go explore Appalachia. We're hitting 5 states, and I don't know what we're going to see. We'll just drive around and stop at any promising place. I'm thinking I will get some inspiration for my 2005/2008 NaNo novel Outlaw Song (working title). I also hope I get a lot of reading and writing done in the car.
I went to Barnes & Noble again today, and I wrote 3 pages in longhand of my short story "The House That Sucked" (also working title). I wrote using my new fountain pen! It came in the mail a couple days ago, and it is awesome. Well, except for looking purple sometimes, and not silver-blue like the web site said, it's awesome. It writes sooooo smoothly and easily. And I got the extra fine nib, and it doesn't leak through regular notebook paper. It hasn't scratched or skipped at all. Hooray! Here's a photo:

And! I ordered something else the other day (ahem, I've been on a bit of a spending spree), and I'll show it to you when it arrives, but it is also for writing, and I'm excited about it.
I know, I know, I don't need to buy a bunch of stuff in order to write, but it's still fun. And very motivating. And it's working, because I've been writing, and I'm having a good time doing it.
How has your writing week been?
Of course, I did not have the brilliant idea for WiP Wednesdays. They were started by the now-revising Kate, and you can read about the beginning here.
9 comments:
I just love the pics of your pens! If I didn't hate retyping things so much, I would actually consider hand written...but, no...never gonna happen :D
OH, I am so jealous. I would love to be exploring the appalachia. One of my dreams some day. Have lots and lots of fun. I'm sure you'll meet some interesting people and get some wonderful ideas for your stories.
Dude, I'm all about making sure the writing part is fun. I haven't done jack squat for a while. Le sigh. I've lost the fun. Maybe I need a new pen.
I love the pen too. I'm so glad it's behaving itself and inspiring you to write.
Are you able to find a comfy chair at the B&N, or are you stuck in one of those hard chairs in the cafe? I'm very picky about the aesthetics of my writing environment. :-)
I love fun stuff for writing, too! I want one of those pens that converts your handwriting to computer. It's going on my Christmas wish list. :)
I was pretty productive last week. I hope it continues...
Fun stuff for writing is the best!! And I hope you are able to find lots of time for writing despite the distractions. As for me, I wrote three scenes, none of them were right, and I threw them all out. Lol. I think there's a deeper problem with the WIP and when I find it, then maybe things will go smoother. :)
*LOVED* the picture of pen and paper with "Work in Progress Wednesday" written--it brings me in so close to your experience. I feel like the old days when we used to meet at B&N to write. YAY for writing at B&N, and TRIPLE YAY for thinking about Outlaw Song again (for others reading this post, I am almost more excited to read this novel than Annie is to write it. I think it sounds wonderful, and I bug her about its progress almost every time we talk). I think also that just being in beautiful places away from the grind will be inspiring in general. I hope you post any musings on how your writing is going or ideas you get during your trip. Oh, and as for getting writing stuff--I say, whatever helps the process along. Surrounding oneself with beautiful and fun accoutrements is all part of it. Bon Voyage!
Christine- I hate retyping too, but not as much as I love an excuse to have lots of pens. :)
Robin- Yes, I'm hoping to keep my eyes and ears ready for story ideas. I'm so excited about the trip!
Elana- I recommend the Lamy. I bought it on Altman Luggage Co.'s website (this is where a Google search took me). Or, you can make one of your notebooks maybe. They're so pretty!
Carolyn- This last time, there was actually a table upstairs. It was still freezing in there, but at least I wasn't at the cafe. I wish our B&N would invest in better seating!
Jennifer- I have looked into the pen you're talking about. It seems awesome! I also love that it records sound, too. Think of all the overheard conversations you could easily get.
B.J.- I'm actually inspired that you wrote three scenes and tossed them (though I'm sorry they had to be tossed). But, it's awesome that you keep going, b/c I'm sure with everything you write, you're figuring out what you need to do. Good luck!
Indigo Girl- I wish I could write with you again! Um, move to Ohio? Haha. I plan to keep Outlaw Song in the front of my mind. Hey, maybe it'll write itself this trip (I wish).
This was lovely to reaad
Post a Comment