Yup. June it is. The first of a new month, and a summer month at that. I love the firsts of months. I feel like there is so much possibility, a whole, fresh month to get all kinds of things accomplished.
Like writing things! I revised my short story a little bit yesterday. I am adding new scenes and trying to make everything longer and more complex. It's really too short right now, under 5,000 words. It is exciting to think of the world that awaits me in that story.
I am dangerously close to being completely caught up with my freelance work, which means more time for writing as I won't be using my time for catch-up. I'm thinking pretty soon I will become a multiple-projects girl, doing some freewriting here, revising the short story there, getting back to my YA WiP in bits and pieces, maybe for just a few minutes each day. I would also like to do some journaling.
You see? Firsts of months are very inspiring. I'm so inspired that I'm going to plow through my freelance work right now so that I have worry-free writing time tonight.
Happy June 1st!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good luck with all your plans!
Hi Annie, can you email me your snail mail address to jessica@jessicaverday.com with May Peep-stakes in the subject line? That way I can send you your copy of YOU ARE SO UNDEAD TO ME!!
I agree! First months are awesome! I am so glad you're feeling optimistic and happy about your projects! Multiple projects... wish I had the time for that! I can't handle one at the moment, it seems. Good luck!
Totally true. I can live in the future, instead of wishing I had done more last month! Happy June to you too!
HAppy June!!! And I LOVE the beginning of the month too...
Sounds like a great plan. I don't know where you live, but it's still pretty darn cold here. I can't believe it's actually June considering we still have to wear jackets! Not normal for this time of year.
Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com
Just like that pie I was talking about--sometimes your freewriting will be the bigger piece, sometimes, the journaling will take over, but that's good, because it clears your head for the good stuff. I know that if something is bothering me, I have to get that out of my system first. Even the stupid little stuff like someone cut me off in traffic--sometimes I just write my gripes on a notebook I won't keep, and then tear the pages and ball them up and throw them away--then I'm all cleaned out and can make way for creativity. Happy June to you too!
Post a Comment