There is still a bit of Wednesday left. Time to update the progress on my WIP. (You know, I can't decide if I want that to be WIP or wip. Meh.)
Anyway, last Sunday, I finished my read-through! This puts me a week ahead of my goal. I was in Panera, of course, with Carolyn, and I just told myself, you are going to finish this today. And I did! Finished up the last 45 pages or so, making notes, cutting. There are certainly whole chapters I think I will do without, and I think I'll change one of my character's jobs, and there are new scenes I have to try out, but I'd say overall, it's a good book. There were parts that made me smile. There are parts that sounded really true. I'm happy that after all this time (because we all know how much a person can change in 5 years) I still care about the characters and feel there is a valuable story there to be told. So hooray!
For this week, my goal is to start Draft 4, in which I will ruthlessly cut all the crappy stuff I found in Draft 3. Then I will make a list of scenes/events that I'm going to keep and another list of scenes/events that I want to write from scratch. I will let you know next week what the word count was after I cut it and what I hope my new word count will be.
Speaking of word counts, Elana is organizing some kind of 30-day wordcount challenge (excuse me, throwdown), and I've decided to be a part of it. 500 words a day is not hard. It's certainly easier than NaNo. But I really want to get back into daily writing and not save it all for Sunday. Don't get me wrong--my Sundays are super productive--but I want to keep that going throughout the week.
How are all your projects coming along?
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Project is okay. Just getting feedback and trying to stay calm about it. :D
Good luck with Elana's challenge! I'm not in a position to do that right now, but if I was I'd participate. Sounds great. :D
Annie, I am trying for 50 words a day (and struggling with that as it is) you can read some of my current WIP over at my blogpage
Dark Star Discovery. I hope that my screenplay was not the WORST thing you have ever read. =/
BTW, Lady Glamis is the BEST!
Woooo! That's great you made it through your read-through. I love that feeling when you go back to something you've written and actually realize there is some good stuff there. Now onto draft four!
LG- I hope your feedback is going well. And maybe you can do Elana's challenge next time. I have a feeling it'll be an ongoing thing.
Marty- Of course your screenplay wasn't bad! I still remember bits and pieces of it, even. I'm glad you're still writing! And yeah, Lady Glamis and her blog are awesome.
Kate- Whoo hoo, draft 4! Glad to see you're back online.
Post a Comment