Oh no, it's almost midnight! Time for WiP Wednesday, which was started by the wonderful and productive Kate. She finished her Level 1 rewrites. Way to go!!!
Well, I'd better quickly write my progress for the week before the clock strikes 12.
That won't be hard... I wrote... nothing! I didn't write one word. Well, I wrote a blog post this morning, and some emails, but that's it. I was in a funk, and maybe procrastinating, and working on some other things. But I did get a ton of ideas for short stories, so I will probably work on those in between the main project, because I don't want to abandon that.
One thing I did accomplish this week was to take a look at my schedule. My husband and I are going to reduce our TV watching, and I'm going to set a timer when I'm online so I don't surf forever. I am also keeping track of what I'm doing each half hour, and out of that data, I'm going to carve some regular writing time.
Because that's the secret, isn't it? Just write? I always forget that part. I guess I just think the stories are going to write themselves, like in my sleep.
Well, I guess my schedule and procrastinating ways are a work in progress. Here's to keeping on and trying to improve myself.
How did your week go? I'm sure you all got more done than I did, tee hee. :)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, I should get more organized and on top of keeping track of where my time goes! I accomplished a lot this week so far... but as far as blogging goes I feel swamped! As far as writing goes... nada. I'm taking a break as beta readers send in their feedback.
Put the TV out to pasture, it is the biggest waste of writing time there is... blogging comes in second. ;D
I so wish that the stories would right themselves sometimes. I have been trying to sit and write about 4 short stories forever...and now my May deadline for them is quickly approaching. Hmm...maybe I better write them ...today!
Thanks for the inspiration :)
LG- Yeah, I get behind in blogs quite a bit. Seems I have 2-3 days a week for catching up. A writing break as the beta reviews come in sounds like a great idea!
As for keeping track of my time, it's actually helping me be more mindful of it. I hope to make a schedule in the next few days.
Marty- I don't know if my husband would let me get rid of the TV. We actually spend a lot of time together watching trashy reality shows and talking about how crazy everyone is. But, I could definitely limit my viewing hours.
Christine- Did you start a story? I bet you will hit your May deadline! You're really good at reaching your goals.
I have cut back on TV a lot to make time for writing, and it hasn't been a hardship at all. It helps to have a DVR so that I can still watch my favorite shows, but it also made me stop watching shows that I realized I wasn't really enjoying anymore.
Yes, just write. That's the key! I didn't write much last night, but in general this was a good week for me. I'm thinking of setting up a deadline with a past teacher I had who offered to read my book. Deadlines are good for me.
Post a Comment