Another week has come and gone, and I did do some writing, but not on my WiP. I wrote down more story ideas, and I did some journaling about writing and what my goals are. I decided I need to stop thinking about getting published, for now, because it's stopping me in my tracks. Besides, why jump ahead when I don't even have a story or novel ready for submission. Nope, it is time to slow down and enjoy the process. I do love writing, even just the physical act of it, and I don't want to keep avoiding it because of the inner editor that says, "This isn't publishable! This isn't publishable!"
I have been cleaning my room, seriously purging and organizing, in an effort to clear my head and make an inviting writing space. Along with writing (and pens and notebooks and keyboards), I also love desks! I have three of them. And now I can see their surfaces! I've also been finding things I forgot I had, like quirky journals and even a fountain pen. Oh, and books. Tonight I found in my alphasmart case a book I bought during NaNo that I forgot I had. It's kind of like finding hidden gifts for myself. Ha! Maybe clutter has its bright sides.
So, that's it for this week. I hope all your projects, no matter what the stage, are revealing something bright and surprising to you.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oooh, hidden gift to yourself. I like that. I love finding things, but the cleaning up part I don't like so much.
Time to lock that internal editor up for a little while, yeah??? Have a great writing week!
I have a strong internal editor, too!
(We're fighting right now) :)
Sometimes one of the best things to do is slow down and enjoy your writing. For awhile, I was so focused on publishing that I would worry, worry, worry about what project to start and if something I've written is good enough. Now, I find myself excited to start a new project or work on something I've already started. It's a great feeling!
Hey all,
Sorry I took a thousand years to respond to your comments. I'm in the middle of buying a car, and my brain is occupied.
Elana- Yeah, treasures in the clutter are rewarding. I especially love when I find money!
Christine- Totally. My internal editor has been ruthless lately. I don't know what her deal is.
Jennifer- Thanks for visiting! I hope the battle with your own inner editor is in your favor. I feel like I have to shut mine up every 10 seconds.
Cindy- Thank you for stopping by, too! Yeah, I think if I took the focusing off publishing, I'd be able to enjoy the process more. I am too worried about approval and making mistakes.
Post a Comment