I think they just changed part of that law to not include the books. I can't remember the website though. There is a copy of the law and all the amendments to it. When the law first came out it caused a big panic.
This is a terrible example of how a law meant to do some good ends up causing far more harm than it prevents.
Robin- I hope you're right! I'll dig around today and see if I can find where they changed the law.Tara- Very true. Maybe it is THE example of a backfiring law. It still boggles the mind.
Oh, that is terrible. They try to fix the problem with lead poisening and just start up a whole new set of problems in its place.
Post a Comment
4 comments:
I think they just changed part of that law to not include the books. I can't remember the website though. There is a copy of the law and all the amendments to it. When the law first came out it caused a big panic.
This is a terrible example of how a law meant to do some good ends up causing far more harm than it prevents.
Robin- I hope you're right! I'll dig around today and see if I can find where they changed the law.
Tara- Very true. Maybe it is THE example of a backfiring law. It still boggles the mind.
Oh, that is terrible. They try to fix the problem with lead poisening and just start up a whole new set of problems in its place.
Post a Comment