Not much has changed on my wip since last week. I've been keeping to my 15 minutes a day, even though every night I have wanted to just turn off the computer and go to bed. But I have kept at it because I do see that I'm making progress, and I don't want to not write and feel bad when I wake up the next morning.
Really, I should probably up my increments to 20 minutes, but because I've been a bit busy with work and because I don't always manage my time so well, it's all I can do to force an extra 15 into my day.
But I know I'm going to need chunks of time for the rewrites. I am practiced now at only taking a minute or two to get into the story, but if I need to really change a scene, I'm going to need mulling and writing time. I need to "stew" on the story, as Elana describes. Time to go back to my rough draft mindset and just throw a bunch of characters and situations together and see what works. It's fun to do that, because there is no wrong answer, but it also can be frustrating, because, well, eventually some of those answers do become wrong for your story.
As of last night I was on p. 61 of 191, so it looks like I got through about 30 pages. Does that mean at this rate, I'll be done going through the manuscript in five weeks? That's exciting. Oh man, if I had known I could make revising this easy on myself, I probably wouldn't have put it off for so many years.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think if you are reaching your goal of 15 mins. a day then you are doing great! Focus on what you are accomplishing and be proud of it!
Congrats on sticking to your 15 minutes a day. After a while you may discover you've inadvertently increased it. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
My post is here
Yay! And keep up the good work! :-D
I'm so glad you are writing every day, Annie. You're really pursuing your dream. I'm not a writer, as you know, but it's interesting to read your blog.
Michele
Post a Comment